PyAleph - Main node
Python node for the Aleph network
You can find the repo alongside the docs for deployment and development here:
Storage and message processing payment providers can be installed as modules.
There will be a “recurring” one added as well in the future. Details need to be decided.
- INCOMING_REGISTER holds the incoming message providers. They are processed after checking the message is valid but before the signature verification. Any provider returning true and the message will be processed further.
- PROCESSED_REGISTER holds the processed message providers (actually charge the amounts)
The MVP network (current implementation of Aleph.im network code) has three providers:
- ChannelEndorsement: an address holding Aleph tokens in one of the underlying chains endorses this channel and incentivizes (X being the Aleph token count):
- up to X post/aggregates messages (of up to 100kb each)
- up to Xmb of files
- PersonalStorage: and address holding aleph tokens can post itself (or someone on it behalf), messages with (X being the Aleph token count):
- up to X POST/AGGREGATES messages (of up to 100kb each)
- up to Xmb of files in STORE messages
- Core: Core channels (dedicated to identity and security) have their messages free if they belong to correct types and pass “anti-spam” checks.
Ideally (not done yet), a garbage collecting process will come and clean the data if the checks don’t pass anymore.
Those amounts while high are here because the MVP network has a full replication and doesn’t actually “spend” those tokens. Once the Aleph token is held on the network, and nodes can actually make the addresses pay for storage, much smaller amounts will be requested in an “open market” fashion.